MicroOutlaws.com Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackdonkey

04 r6 running hot

I'm new to this class and i have a 04 r6 on carbs running gas. my problem is its trying to run hot about 230-240* degrees, checked the plugs and they all look paper sack brown so thats good, Is everybody running a thermostat or pulling them out? any info is appreciated.

Does it run that temp all the time or cool off under green? To me, that's a little warm but not real hot for gas. I run a thermostat and turn the fan on under yellows. I also run "Water Wetter". If nothing else works, richen it up just a little. Better to run rich and race.

I'm new to this class and i have a 04 r6 on carbs running gas. my problem is its trying to run hot about 230-240* degrees, checked the plugs and they all look paper sack brown so thats good, Is everybody running a thermostat or pulling them out? any info is appreciated.

cut the guts out of the thermostat leave the housing so it wont just blow by. that temp is about 50 over what it should be. water wetter or 40 below, and a fan, problem solved. make sure there is no air in the coolant lines, just crack a hose while its runing. I ran my motor at that degree and cracked the head.

I had a macine shop make us some different size water restrictors like I used to run in my modified. It has worked just fine.