MicroOutlaws.com Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sph89

turf tire

Converting my car to run turf tire next year and looking for a little insight as to what brand and model of tire you guys reconmend? What size RR and LR do you use? Do you have several LR's to alter stagger if yes, what different sizers? What is the baseline rear tire pressures you start with? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Shawn

Converting my car to run turf tire next year and looking for a little insight as to what brand and model of tire you guys reconmend? What size RR and LR do you use? Do you have several LR's to alter stagger if yes, what different sizers? What is the baseline rear tire pressures you start with? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Shawn

Tires Unlimited -

http://www.tiresunlimited.com/ALL%20TIRES/...urf_trac_rs.htm

Turf Trac RS

RR - 20x12x10 or 20x10x10

LR - 18x8.5 x 8 or 18x9.5x8

Fronts - i forgot on the fronts, but i think 20x8x10

2 ply works best on rear - might have to call them if they are not listed

Any time you have questions regarding turf cars, give me a ring 918-534-7004 or email me at meadecj@cpchem.com

You can run F4's in turf.

RR - 20X12.00X10

LR - 18X9.50X8

FRONTS - 20X8X10

THATS THE COMBO I ALWAYS RUN, NEVER CHANGE

ALL CARLISLE TURF TRAC R/S, BUT THE REAR TIRES ARE GETTING VERY HARD TO FIND NEW

I USUALLY START WITH 7 LBS. IN BOTH FRONTS, 3 TO 3.5 IN LR, AND 6 TO 7 IN RR

F-3 GEARING: 16 FRONT, 44 REAR AT FT. COBB (2ND GEAR)

16 FRONT, 42 REAR AT I-44 (2ND GEAR) OR 15 FRONT 50 REAR (3RD GEAR)

JEREMY MORRIS

RR - 20X12.00X10

LR - 18X9.50X8

FRONTS - 20X8X10

ALL CARLISLE TURF TRAC R/S, BUT THE REAR TIRES ARE GETTING VERY HARD TO FIND NEW

JEREMY MORRIS

good info but what about hot rod engine, illegal shocks, hot fuel, etc... :rolleyes:

I SEE SOMEONE'S FEELINGS ARE HURT........BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR

BTW - COMPRESSION RESULTS ON MY "HOT" ENGINE

120, 115, 125, 130

RR - 20X12.00X10

LR - 18X9.50X8

FRONTS - 20X8X10

JEREMY MORRIS

good info but what about hot rod engine, illegal shocks, hot fuel, etc... :rolleyes:

RR - 20X12.00X10

LR - 18X9.50X8

FRONTS - 20X8X10

JEREMY MORRIS

I'm glad that I was not the only one that noticed it.

SO BECAUSE IVE WON A FEW RACES IM AUTOMATICALLY CHEATING?? 777 HAS OUT RAN ME SEVERAL TIMES, HE MUST BE CHEATING TOO. AND THE 11 HAS TOO A COUPLE TIMES, I BET HES CHEATING. OH AND THE 98 ALSO BEAT ME.........YEP, MUST BE CHEATING. DID YOU EVER THINK THAT MAYBE IT COULD BE SET UP?? YOU KNOW, THAT IS WHAT GETS THESE CARS AROUND THE TRACK.

While I find the debate and finger pointing entertaining, how about throwing in your thoughts on gearing, tire pressures, tire sizing, etc along with your jabbing!!!

FOUND SOME TIRES FOR YA.......WWW.CARLISLETIRESTORE.COM

CLICK ON TURF TRAC R/S ON THE LEFT SIDE AND IT LISTS ALL THE SIZES THEY STOCK AND A PHONE NUMBER IN THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER

jmorris8769 - thanks for the detailed info! Couple of questions for you and for the others to comment:

1) Our track here in central MO is a 1/6 mile clay. For the gearing, what size are the tracks you referenced? What max RPM's are you hitting with this gearing? Are you hitting the Rev limiter?

2) I noticed the rear tires you use have approx 4.5" stagger which seems fairly typical for an A-Stock or Multi to run on a dry/slick track...for a wet/tacky track they seem to run as much as 9"-10" of stagger. On a wet/tracky track, do you find you might want more stagger? What about jumping the RR up to the Turf Master 22x11-10 which would increase the stagger another approx 4" +/-?

Shawn

jmorris8769 - thanks for the detailed info! Couple of questions for you and for the others to comment:

1) Our track here in central MO is a 1/6 mile clay. For the gearing, what size are the tracks you referenced? What max RPM's are you hitting with this gearing? Are you hitting the Rev limiter?

2) I noticed the rear tires you use have approx 4.5" stagger which seems fairly typical for an A-Stock or Multi to run on a dry/slick track...for a wet/tacky track they seem to run as much as 9"-10" of stagger. On a wet/tracky track, do you find you might want more stagger? What about jumping the RR up to the Turf Master 22x11-10 which would increase the stagger another approx 4" +/-?

Shawn

FT. COBB (DUTTONS) IS 1/8 MILE

I-44 IS 1/6 MILE, AND YES IT WILL HIT THE BOX A FEW TIMES BUT GOOD POWER ON CORNER EXIT

I RUN THE SAME SIZE TIRES ALL THE TIME. IVE SEEN GUYS TRY TO RUN THE 22 OR EVEN 24 CARLISLE TIRES AND IT NEVER WORKS. ALL THE CARS AROUND HERE RUN THE COMBOS WE LISTED. I GUESS YOU COULD RUN MORE STAGGER ON A TACKY TRACK TO LOOSEN YOUR CAR UP, BUT ITS JUST EASIER FOR ME TO RUN THE SAME TIRES ALL THE TIME AND USE ROUNDS OR AIR PRESSURE TO ADJUST. IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHO YOU TALK TO. IVE NEVER LIKED A LOT OF STAGGER SO......