MicroOutlaws.com Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

okie29

F4 alky carb problems need advice Thanks!

I am having problems with my F4 Alky Carbs. I run these carbs on my RR. Im kinda stumped on what is going on, I have ran these carbs at the shootout, and two play days at PCR, they ran like a champ. I got them right before the shootout put them on my car started the car and it took off to a high rpm like someone had there foot in the throttle. Started it a few more times kept doing the same thing took carbs off checked my linkages, put them back on it started and Idled fine. Ran shootout car ran great. Took carbs off cleaned them put back on car fire it off has this problem again. Was told it could be those little pre-warmer tubes binding up the linkage pulled them off moved those, put back on car started ran great. This weekend put carbs on car at home started idled ran great unload car at port city start the car idle went through the roof again?!?!? Has anyone ever heard of this problem or experienced it? Any advice would be great thanks much.

Cody J. Meade

918-534-7004

I run the same setup. I have had the same problem. Check your carb boots for cracks and make sure the carbs are seated all the way in the boots before you tighten them down. Tighten the middle ones first and then the outer ones. Second check the throttle cable. Make sure that the throttle return spring is not in a bind. I know on mine the spring will catch on the valve cover and sometimes make it hang. Also check and see if you need a return spring on the throttle pedal. Next check the way you have the throttle cable going into the carbs. I know this will sometimes bind and you will need to take the cable off and then put it back in. To help with this problem always put the cable in FIRST before you put the carbs on.

Hope this helps.

Zeb Koobs

979-297-4008

You may call me any time if you have questions. Always willing to help another racer. Good luck. Also check to make sure your slides at the top where the spring goes in are seated well in the groves up top. If not this will cause the same issue.

Check the upper and lower thru bolts (long bolts) that hold the carbs together.

If one is tighter than the other, the butterflies will stick.

Jeff Brown

Thanks Very much guys I appreciate your Advice. This is what makes racing fun.