MicroOutlaws.com Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jakes Dad

R6 flywheel Bolt

I have a friend that has a 99-02 R6 that the bolt that holds the flywheel to the crank is stripped!

Can it be tapped to a bigger Size?

Anything else he can do besides replace the crank?

Duane

I have a friend that has a 99-02 R6 that the bolt that holds the flywheel to the crank is stripped!

Can it be tapped to a bigger Size?

Anything else he can do besides replace the crank?

Duane

I cant tell if the crank is stripped or if I just cant get the bolt tight. There has to be some way to lock the crank so that the bolt can be hit with an impact or torqued on there. There are 3 holes in that stator that look like they may be used to lock that flywheel/crank so that the bolt can be tightened. I just dont know how to do it.

The quickest fix is to remove the flywheel bolt and chuck it in the bin, determine the join between the crank and the flywheel on the end of the crank shaft. Grab your MIG Welder and put a small run of weld on the join, make another small weld 180 deg from the first. The Flywheel wont come off on its own but this will make it a certainty, if you ever need to remove the flywheel ( why I wouldn't know) you can just grind the weld to release the flywheel.I would also ask your "friend" what do they have for breakfast that makes them strip threads of that size?

The quickest fix is to remove the flywheel bolt and chuck it in the bin, determine the join between the crank and the flywheel on the end of the crank shaft. Grab your MIG Welder and put a small run of weld on the join, make another small weld 180 deg from the first. The Flywheel wont come off on its own but this will make it a certainty, if you ever need to remove the flywheel ( why I wouldn't know) you can just grind the weld to release the flywheel.I would also ask your "friend" what do they have for breakfast that makes them strip threads of that size?

I am the friend, and i usually dont eat breakfast<_< turns out, the crank was not stripped, the 1 way bearing in there was blown up and spinning both ways