MicroOutlaws.com Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ashley56

FTZ R6 A CLASS MOTOR

I'm new to the micro sprints. I was wondering if a A-CLASS motor and carbs from FTZ is worth the money and is it that much faster. Then a motor out of a salvage? Any advice or info would be appreciated

TIA.

The carbs. and headers are worth the money as far as the motor goes we had a FTZ and a stock we got more hp out of the stock engine and it lived longer. Shoot we got more hp out of the stock engine than we did out of a FTZ multi class engine. Just what I have seen on a dyno.

The carbs. and headers are worth the money as far as the motor goes we had a FTZ and a stock we got more hp out of the stock engine and it lived longer. Shoot we got more hp out of the stock engine than we did out of a FTZ multi class engine. Just what I have seen on a dyno.

Ok Thanks for the reply. So who is a good Motor builder in the tulsa area?

You don't need to even worry about that, my son runs a stock r-6 cases never cracked open. It brought 108 to 112, depending on year model carbs headers, etc.... He has stock r-6,(never opened)FTZ Carbs and headers. The key is 99% setup and 1%motor, only need the extra horse if it's wet or rubber down. Any kind of slick hp wiil hurt you, it will be harder to hook up the extra horse. I pesonally think those motor builders charge all that money for 2 hp.

WOW that is one BAD stock R6 if i say so myself 108 to 112 on the dyno. You running a 06 or 07 black motor? Thats some pretty good numbers for a stocker off the bike. Or do you have one of those dyno's that say what you want it to say.....lol

WOW that is one BAD stock R6 if i say so myself 108 to 112 on the dyno. You running a 06 or 07 black motor? Thats some pretty good numbers for a stocker off the bike. Or do you have one of those dyno's that say what you want it to say.....lol

So Chris67 What do u think I should do about motors should i spend the extra money and buy one rebuild form a motor builder are take my chances with a motor straight out of a bike?

If you are new to racing micros, don't waste you money on a built motor. Learn how to drive and get the most out of a stock motor then work on more power. If you can't handle it you can't use it.

Chris, Have you been asleep the last few years? The average hp for a stock 600 usually runs 106 to 110. That engine that you are asking about is a stock 2002 R6 that we paid $250 for without the side covers. It was dynoed on Mike Gigots dyno. Maybe you need to start reading a little more. Hyper has shown up to 115 hp from a stock RR. Don Guhl has shown comparible #'s on his dyno. Look at the service manual for a 2002 R6 it shows the hp to be approx 115. I have seen the stock 06, 07 R6's up around 118.

Like Isaid dddracing you must have one of the dynos that you can make say what you want. And no I have not been asleep. I have been around awhile. And let me tell you this much I've heard numbers off Gigots dyno. And also have seen the same motor on a couple other dynos and the horsepower was anywhere from 8 to 12 less. owners manuals? lol come on people who you kidding you believe everything you read? 115hp on a stock RR then why isnt every Tom bone and Harry running them all I hear is about how much HP the RR puts out but there is only a handful of people that are fast in them. HAHAHA believe what you will.