MicroOutlaws.com Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

luckydog

RCI micro fuel cell

I have a 03 Factor 1 and have purchased the RCI fuel cell to comply with the new ruling. I was wondering if anyone has already installed one on their micro, and if so, if they would be willing to let me come by and see how they adapted the old tail tank to fit over the new cell (I am in the Tulsa area) or if you could post some good pics of your installation. Thanks in advance.

e-mail me Zach@gshobby.com and i will send you some pics of the one in my car. I had factor 1 install one for me back in july.

e-mail me Zach@gshobby.com and i will send you some pics of the one in my car. I had factor 1 install one for me back in july.

Sent, and thanks Zach

I am in the same boat as everyone else in needing to get my cars equipped with fuel cells and I definetely like the lower cost of the RCI versus a bladder however, I am concerned that 4.5 gallons of methanol will not be enough fuel to make it through an A feature race of 30 to 40 laps on the larger tracks. What has been everyones experience to using this on larger tracks? I am moving from Sportsman (Gas) to A Class and I know it will burn more fuel. Feedback on this question will be greatly appreciated.

Zach51, I would also like to see some pics of your mounted fuel-cell. I noticed on one pic that there was a brace welded to the bottom frame rails. Does this have to be done or is there another way?

Also, do you cut out the top of your tail-tank to reach the fuel cell? IF so, how large of a hole are we talking about? Is it difficult to add fuel to the fuel cell via going through the tail tank (seems that you would have to reach down through the tail tank hole to open up the fuel cell?

heyman631@yahoo.com

-Phil

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ADD ANY BRACKETS OR MOUNTS, YOU CAN IF YOU WANT. I DIDNT ON EITHER CAR, THE 01 FACTOR 1 OR THE 05 SAWYER. GET WITH CHAMDLER AND MAKE HIM GET YOU SOME PICS.

Could one of you guys e-mail myself some pics of the installation as well. The RCI fuel cell will be going in a Dabco chassis. I'm not sure anyone will have one of those but I'm sure that the pics would still be helpful. sboesker@yahoo.com is where you can send them too.

Thanks